It’s the first ever Golf R wagon to come down under, and there’s no doubt that the Wolfsburg Edition Golf R, in hatch and wagon form, is going to make some Golf lovers feel hot under the collar.
Ok, so it’s only going to be a limited edition car, but hopefully this hotted up edition acts as a sample of just how well a Golf R Wagon could do here. Anyway, the Wolfsburg name goes deep into VW history, with the first Beetle being produced in the town that shares the same name. It’s also home of VW’s global operations.
Making these Wolfsburg edition cars different to the standard Golf R are the following:
- Choice of three exterior colours including the exclusive Oryx White Pearl
- Carbon Nappa leather appointed upholstery with individually heated front seats
- Black Pretoria 19” alloy wheels (4)
- Black door mirror covers
- Black roof rails (Wagon)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Front Assist with City Emergency Brake (City EB)
- Proactive occupant protection system
- Blind Spot Monitor with rear traffic alert
- Wolfsburg crest badge
With a recommended retail price of $56,990 for the hatch, the impressive list of features is just $1,750 more than the standard Golf R. The wagon version has a recommend retail price of $58,990.
However, if that’s not enough, you can tick the one and only option – a panoramic sunroof – for just $1,850.
Power remains the same with the Golf R’s 206kW TSI engine and 4Motion all-wheel-drive system remaining unchanged.
Both models are limited, and we expect the Golf R Wolfsburg Wagon to sell very quickly. No doubt, it might even become somewhat of a collectors car.
Will you be vying for one of these? Let us know!