Holden has updated its fourth best-selling model, the Holden Trax LTZ with the high-tech 1.4 litre turbocharged engine borrowed from the Barina RS.
Delivering 103kW of power and 200Nm of torque, the new Trax LTZ should give that extra bit of power that was lacking from their 1.8 litre models. As for fuel economy there’s a claimed figure of 6.9 litres per 100km’s.
What is impressive is the flat torque curve that allows the full 200Nm of torque to be available from 1850RPM through to 4900RPM. The new model and engine has been calibrated by Holden engineers to best suit our roads that are less than forgiving compared to other international roads.
Joining the new 1.4 lire turbo engine in the Trax LTZ will be 18inch alloy wheels, rain sensing wipers, a driver’s armrest and a sunroof as standard features. This makes the Trax quite competitively equipped compared to its competition like the Mitsubishi ASX.
Other features include Holden’s good MyLink infotainment system, and Hill Starts Assist, ESC, ABS and Brake Assist plus more.
Pricing for the Trax LTZ with the turbo engine starts from $29,990 and will be only available in a 6-speed automatic gearbox. The MY15 Trax models should be available from August, 2014.
Trax model information:
Holden Trax LS Highlights:
- 1.8 litre petrol engine
- 5-speed manual transmission or optional 6-speed automatic transmission with Active Select
- 6 airbags (driver, front passenger, front side and curtain)
- ESC, ABS and TCS
- Hill Start Assist
- Descent Control System
- 16” alloy wheels (4)
- Air conditioning
- Rear view camera
- Rear parking sensors
- ISOFIX child seat anchorage system
- Holden MyLink infotainment System with 7” colour touch-screen display
- Embedded apps including Pandora®, Stitcher SmartRadio™, TuneIn and BringGo navigation
- Siri® Eyes Free Mode
- AM/FM Radio with RDS display
- USB with iPod connectivity
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Leather steering wheel with audio controls
- Jet black cloth interior
- Auto headlamps
Holden Trax LTZ highlights over LS
- * Optional 1.4iTi engine
- * New 18” alloy wheels (4)
- * New Rain Sensing Wipers
- * New Driver Arm Rest
- * New Sunroof (available on LTZ 1.4 litre iTi only)
- 6-speed automatic transmission with Active Select
- Jet black Sportec trim
- Heated front seats
- Front Fog Lamps
- Trip Computer
- Storage Tray under front passenger seat
Recommended retail prices, excluding dealer delivery and government charges are as follows:
- Holden Trax LS, 1.8 litre manual $23,990
- Holden Trax LS, 1.8 litre automatic $26,190
- Holden Trax LTZ, 1.8 litre automatic $28,490
- Holden Trax LTZ, 1.4 litre iTi automatic $29,990